What CAN I do during a time of social distancing?
During this period of social distancing there are still many things you can do. The Summit County Health Department recently shared these ideas.
• Relax. Think of this as a time to slow down and do the things you’ve been wanting to do, but haven’t found the time. Remember, mental health is important to overall health and keeps your immune system stronger.
• Enjoy the great outdoors while remembering to practice social distancing from other recreators.
• Watch videos to learn and practice new skills such art, crafting, electronics, musical instruments, home projects, cooking, etc.
• Get creative with the food that sits in your cabinets and never gets eaten.
• Learn a new musical instrument, or practice the one you’ve already picked up.
• Read a book: The libraries may be closing, but with your library card you can still check out books online through the Libby by OneDrive app.
o Find your library and enter your library card and pin. The pin is typically the first four digits of your birthdate.
o Visit https://utahsonlinelibrary.overdrive.com/utahsonlinelibrary-summit/content for more information
• Learn and/or practice meditation.
• Work on spring cleaning. This can include sorting and purging your drawers, cabinets, closets, rooms, or garage. Work outside to get your lawn or garden ready for spring; harden your home against wildfire dangers – clean up dead leaves, grass and other overgrowth.
• Help your children with schoolwork or play games as a family.
• Use social media to communicate with friends and loved ones.
• Play video, board, or card games.
For additional information, please see the Summit County Health Department’s comprehensive guide to COVID-19.