CONNECT Summit County, a non-profit, grassroots, mental health advocacy organization, is seeking an Executive Director to serve as CONNECT’s Chief Executive Officer. This full-time position reports to the CONNECT Board of Directors. Salary based on experience. No benefits.
- Serve as the chief executive officer of CONNECT
- Promote an organizational culture built on respect for employees, volunteers and community members; cooperation in achieving goals; responsiveness to community needs; dedication to CONNECT’s goals; innovation; flexibility; nimbleness; and decisiveness.
- Prepare annual budget for review and approval by Board of Directors and manage CONNECT’s operations in line with the annual budget (including any amendments).
- Plan and Conduct Fundraising Activities, including: (a) identification of and relationship building with individual donors; (b) identification of and implementation of appropriate fundraising events, such as Live PC Give PC; (c) identification of grant opportunities, preparation of requests, submission of required reports, and maintenance of strong relationships; and (d) administrative support activities such as donor tracking, 501(c)(3) letters, thank you notes, etc.
- Support Director of Educational Programming
- Support Director of Navigation and Database Services
- Supervise all personnel, except Educational Programming Coordinator, who reports to Director of Educational Programming.
- Oversee provision of family support groups
- Plan and Implement effective Public Relations Strategy, including preparation of CONNECT’s annual report to the community.
- Champion New Services, including identifying and managing new initiatives
- Advocate for Better Mental Health Services
- Build the Organizational Capacity Necessary to Achieve the Strategic Plan Goals, including hiring necessary personnel and arranging appropriate education and training.
- Update strategic plan as appropriate for approval by Board of Directors.
- Build community partnerships, working with the Director of Educational Programming as appropriate.
- Represent CONNECT in the Summit County Mental Wellness Alliance and other appropriate community organizations.
- Provide regular activity reports to Board of Directors and work with the Board Chair on setting meeting agendas and with Board committees as appropriate.
- Develop plan for appropriate metrics for CONNECT’s operations and oversee implementation.
- Assure timely preparation of payroll bookkeeping entries and timely response to communications from the community, including e-mail.
- Assure appropriate use of technology by all CONNECT personnel.
- Perform any other duties necessary to maintain CONNECT as a strong, viable organization serving the community effectively.
- Strong management skills and experience, especially with delegation.
- Fundraising experience and skills
- Knowledge of the mental health system.
- Experience with managing to a budget.
- Knowledge of Summit County Community is preferred
- College degree preferred
- Advanced degree related to mental health a plus (e.g. LCSW, APRN, etc.)
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume by Monday, June 24th, along with two references to [email protected]