I participated in one of CONNECT Summit County’s free virtual health support groups. I thought it was a great service to the community and was curious to examine my own feelings of stress during this time. I joined the confidential group and within a few minutes was pretty overcome with emotion – the feeling of overwhelm from this burden we have all been carrying for the last few months. I recognized I needed space to process what was going on and it was a great reminder that everyone needs support right now and it’s OK to not be OK. Share how you’re feeling with others and please, reach out for help if you need it. -Lynn Ware Peek, KPCW Radio Host

CONNECT Summit County’s Peer Navigator is also available to help. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected]

Mental Health Crisis: What Are My Options for Getting Help?

  • Call 911 IMMEDIATELY if someone in crisis is behaving violently, has a weapon, has ingested something that is potentially dangerous, is bleeding or incurring property damage. Explain the dangerous situation clearly and let dispatch know that the person is having a mental health crisis. Ask for a CIT (Crisis Intervention Trained) Officer be dispatched to the scene.
  • Call Summit County Crisis Hotline (833) 995-1295 if the person experiencing the crisis is NOT at immediate risk of harming themselves or another person but you are not sure what to do to help them and/or if they are clearly in need of some type of intervention to remain safe. You can call 24/7 and speak to a trained crisis worker who can help you assess the current situation and direct you to the most appropriate intervention option(s) available.
  • Call the National Suicide Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (8255) if you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts.

Other options to help someone in a mental health crisis:

  • IHC Park City Hospital Emergency Room. If the person is willing, you can take them to any local ER where they will receive a mental health assessment by a trained mental health crisis worker. They will determine the best way to stabilize the current crisis.
  • IHC Park City Psychiatry and Counseling/Round Valley Clinic. Offering same-day and next-day crisis appointments. Video conferencing and phone appointments only. No walk-ins. Serving adults and teens over 15 years old. Medication management available. Call (435) 940-5670. Open Tuesday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. 720 Round Valley Drive Suite 202, Park City.
  • UNI Park City Clinic. Call for crisis assessment, more information and counseling; no walk-ins. Medicaid provider. Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (435) 658-9998. 1820 Sidewinder Drive, Park City.
  • UNI Receiving Center in Salt Lake City. Short-term 23-hour secure crisis stabilization, assessment, medication intervention and discharge planning. Staffed by peer specialists, psychiatric technicians and social workers. Call first for latest information on how walk-ins are currently being handled. (801) 583-2500. 501 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City.
  • LDS Hospital Access Center in Salt Lake City (walk-in crisis support). Please call or visit their website for the latest information on how walk-ins are being handled during COVID-19 pandemic.  (801) 408-8330. 324 9th Avenue, Salt Lake City.
  • SafeUT Crisis Chat and Tip Line is an app for youth (and those who care about them). Youth under age 18 and/or still enrolled in school, may download the SafeUT App. This statewide service provides real-time crisis intervention to youth through live chat and a confidential tip program with licensed clinicians– right from your smartphone. They can help youth experiencing any type of emotional crisis, including bullying, relationship problems, mental health or suicide-related issues.

Additional Resources:

  • Adult Protective Services. To report suspected elder abuse/neglect please contact Adult Protective Services Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (800) 371-7897 or report online 24/7 using this link. If there is immediate danger, please call 911.
  • Child Protective Services. To report suspected child abuse/neglect please call Child Protective Services’ 24/7 Hotline (855) 323-3237. If there is immediate danger, please call 911.
  • Disaster Distress Helpline is a 24/7 national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress directly related to COVID-19. To connect with a trained crisis counselor, please call (800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
  • Peace House. If you or someone you know is experiencing distress due to domestic violence, please call the Peace House and talk to a trained advocate. 24-Hour HelpLine (800) 647-9161. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.

Tips for Managing Your Psychiatric Medication

If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health crisis due to running out of medication, please call the Summit County Crisis Line (833) 995-1295 and explain the situation. Depending on your provider, insurance and other factors, they can help you determine the best way to address the situation.

Here are some other tips for managing your psychiatric medication.

  • Delivery options. If you are anxious about going to the store to pick up your prescription medication you can check with your pharmacy to see if there is a delivery, drive-thru or curbside service available. Most pharmacists are very understanding and will address your concerns.
  • Don’t procrastinate. Make sure you don’t wait until the last minute to refill any psychiatric prescriptions. Know how many doses of your medication you have on- hand and when your next refill is. Make sure you stay on top of getting your medication refilled in a timely manner.
  • Emergency or partial refill. If you or your loved one is out of regularly prescribed psychiatric medication(s) and do not have any refills left, please call your regular med prescriber and ask for an emergency refill or a partial refill to be called into your pharmacy.  If they are unable to do this, ask your prescriber what options you have for getting your medication(s) refilled as soon as possible.  You may need to have an appointment with your therapist or prescriber to obtain a refill.
  • Emergency supply. If you want to reduce your trips to the pharmacy and/or want to make sure you have enough medication in the event that you are quarantined, you can ask your provider about getting a 90-day emergency supply instead of the usual 30-day supply. If the provider denies your request, call your insurance carrier and ask if they will approve this emergency supply. If so, call your provider back with pre-approval and ask for them to call in the prescription.
  • Medication interactions. Keep in mind that many cold and flu medications should not be taken with antipsychotics and/or antidepressants. Consult with your pharmacist or prescriber for any potential medication interactions.

Financial Assistance for Medication

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 


Looking for a new prescriber, therapist, mental health and/or addiction treatment?

If you are looking for a new mental health provider, please visit CONNECT Summit County’s online Mental Health Resource Directory where you will find a comprehensive database of providers in Summit County. You can learn more about individual providers including hours, location, philosophy, specialty areas and what types of payments are accepted (private pay, private insurances, Medicaid, sliding-fee scales, etc.)

Insurance considerations include:

  • Private insurance. If you have private insurance, please contact your health insurance carrier and find out which providers in your area accept your coverage.
  • Uninsured or Medicaid. If you are uninsured or have Utah Medicaid, please call Healthy U Behavioral at (833) 981-0212 to find providers and services near you.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Feeling overwhelmed or depressed? Need someone to talk to?

  • CONNECT Summit County Peer Navigation Services can provide a listening ear and help you find the kind of support and resources you need right now. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected].
  • National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Utah’s mentor phone line will continue operations from 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. Speak to a Peer Mentor (someone with lived experience of having mental illness) or a Family Peer (a family member with lived experience of supporting a loved one with mental illness). Call (801) 323-9900 or toll-free at (877) 230-6264. You may also visit for the latest mental health information and resources during this challenging time.
  • University of Utah Warm Line. If you feel lonely or need support, the University of Utah Warm Line is staffed by trained peers. Available daily 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Call (801) 587-1055.
  • UTAH Strong Recovery Project. Free Help for COVID-19-related stress (emotional support, crisis counseling, coping strategies, mental health education and referrals if more help is needed). Call or text (385) 386-2289 or email [email protected] (sponsored by F.E.M.A. , S.A.M.S.H.A. and Utah Dept of Human Services).

FREE Online and Phone Mental Health Support

  • CONNECT Summit County and Purple Sky Counseling Mental Health Support Groups. These free ongoing Virtual Mental Health Support Groups help Summit and Wasatch County residents stay calm and connected during this crisis. Topics include “Find Strength in Chaos,” “Adjusting to 24/7 Family Time,” “Coping with Anxiety” and “Spiritual Uplift for Parents.”
  • Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance. Free online support groups for people struggling with depression or bipolar disorders.
  • For Like Minds. Free peer support and groups for persons with mental illness and those who care for them.
  • Free Virtual NAMI Connection Support Group for adults with mental health conditions. Wednesday 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. and/or Wednesdays 7 to 8:30 p.m. Registration is required.
  • Free Virtual NAMI Family Support Group for family members of loved ones with mental health conditions.  Held Tuesdays from 7 to 8:30 pm. Registration is required.
  • Free Virtual NAMI Family to Family Education Seminars. Held the second and fourth Thursdays of the month. Registration is required.
  • Free Virtual Young Adult Social Hour for Adults Ages 18 to 35. This is a place to meet other young adults who care about mental health. Held the third Tuesday of the month from 6 to 7 p.m. For the Zoom link, email Christine at [email protected]
  • Mood Meter App is a gift of self-awareness for yourself and others, based on decades of research from Yale. Tell your Mood Meter mobile app how you are feeling and build strong emotional intelligence that lasts a lifetime.
  • Peersights. Mental Illness Recovery Coaching by peers who have first-hand knowledge of mental health issues (sponsored by For Like Minds).
  • MY3 App. This app is free in the Apple App Store and Google Play and walks you through developing a plan to stay safe and prepares you to reach out to others when you are having thoughts of suicide.
  • SafeUT App. Youth may download the SafeUT App for 24/7 talk, chat or phone calls with licensed clinicians about any topic related to mental health, including relationship problems, bullying and other topics that can cause emotional or mental distress.
  • Salvation Army Hope Line.  This line supports those struggling with everyday challenges such as mental health, housing, financial struggles, loneliness and grieving. Call (844) 458-4673.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Has your therapy/treatment been interrupted by COVID-19?

If you are experiencing interruptions to your therapy or treatment program, call your provider and find out if they will be continuing appointments, treatment programs and/or group therapy via alternative technology. Alternative technology includes Tele-Health, Tele-Med, video-conferencing services, phone conferencing and/or phone appointments. Providers are doing their best to understand and put into place HIPPA-approved alternative technologies.

You may be able to continue your therapy, treatment and/or programs via alternative communication technology. If not, ask your provider what they recommend you do during this time to maintain your mental health and/or addiction recovery.

What steps should I take if my treatment has been interrupted?

CONNECT Summit County Peer Navigation Services. Speak to a live person who can provide a listening ear, give you information on local resources and supports and/or can even help you prepare for a call to your provider and/or insurance carrier to discuss your concerns. Call or text (435) 776-HELP or email [email protected].

Provider. Call your provider directly.

Insurance. Call your insurance carrier.

Medicaid. If you are unemployed or uninsured, call Healthy U Behavioral (833) 981-0212.

NAMI Utah Mentor. Speak to a trained peer specialist or a trained family member peer support. Available Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Call (801) 323-9900.

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. (800) 662-HELP.

UNI Warm Line. Speak to a trained peer specialist daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Call (801) 587-1055.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Extra Support for Addiction Recovery

Utah-based supports for addiction recovery includes:

  • University of Utah Warmline. If you need to talk to someone who understands addiction recovery, the U of U Warm Line is staffed daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. by trained peer specialists. Call (801) 587-1055.
  • Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA) Peer Recovery. Coaches and staff will be available during the COVID-19 social distancing restrictions to provide support. Call (385) 210-0320 for general Recovery Support Services. To request a phone call or email reply from your personal Recovery Coach, email [email protected] or send a chat message to their Facebook page. If you need one-to-one phone support, call (385) 210-0320 x116. Go to for additional information on phone recovery support as well as a comprehensive directory of online resources and online recovery support groups.

Additional FREE Online and Phone Addiction Recovery Support

  • Alcoholics Anonymous.  AA’s support groups have been transitioned to online, Zoom and phone meetings.
  • In the Rooms is a free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues. They embrace multiple pathways to recovery, including all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health modalities.
  • LifeRing Secular Recovery. FREE online recovery support groups and 24/7 chat room for those seeking to maintain sobriety.
  • Recovery Dharma. Organizes daily meetings accessible via computer, smartphone or dial-in by phone for those in recovery and for those who live with and love those in recovery.  These are virtual gathering places to meditate, study Buddhist teachings and support each other on our paths to sobriety and peace.
  • Sasquatch Area of Narcotics Anonymous Support Groups is offering free online and telephone support groups to help recovering addicts stay clean in Wasatch and Summit Counties.
  • SMART Recovery is a non-profit that offers assistance to those seeking abstinence from addition. They are currently offering free online support meetings for those in recovery
  • Unity Recovery. This community-based recovery organization offers FREE daily online recovery support groups.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Resources for parents/families

It can be overwhelming for parents to know how to talk to their children about the COVID-19 pandemic and to anticipate how school closures will impact their educational needs, especially for those receiving special education services and who have complex developmental and/or mental health needs.

If your child attends school in Summit County and he or she is experiencing increasing emotional difficulties while being schooled at home, please send an email to your child’s teacher and ask for a referral to a behavioral health counselor. This is a service your child’s school can provide. Also, these local and state-wide organizations are providing timely support, information and resources for parents, caregivers and families.

  • Action for Healthy Kids – Resources for schools and families during the COVID-19 school closures.
  • Anxiety and Depression Association of America. How to talk to your child/teen about COVID-19.
  • Communities That Care. Parents can subscribe to the Communities That Care newsletter for ongoing information and resources for youth in Summit County.
  • Evoke Therapy. Check-out the podcasts by Dr. Brad Reedy for insights and tools for you and your family.
  • Family Resiliency Kit. Parents can use this interactive tool to increase the resiliency of themselves and their children. Anyone can benefit from these tools.
  • OK2Talk is a community where teens and young adults struggling with mental health conditions can find a safe place to talk by sharing their personal stories of recovery, tragedy, struggle or hope.
  • Park City School District. Do you want to know what is happening with online learning at Park City School District?  Check-out their resources and information for families.
  • SafeUT App Crisis Chat and Tipline is an app for youth under age 18 and/or still enrolled in school. This is a statewide service that provides real-time crisis intervention to youth through live chat and a confidential tip program with licensed clinicians  – right from your smartphone.
  • Legal FAQs on COVID-19, School Closings and Special Education.
  • Utah Parent Center is available to help parents and caregivers find resources and help answer education questions about children with special needs, including mental health, during this time of school closures. Spanish speaking available. Call (800) 468-1160.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Where can I get accurate and up-to-date information about COVID-19 specific to Summit County?

For accurate and up-to-date local news and information about COVID-19 in Summit County, visit or sign up for text alerts regarding COVID-19 in Summit County by texting COVID19SC to 888777. Locations for where to be tested: English or Espanol.

For the latest official news about COVID-19, go to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Resources and Support for Spanish Speakers

Help is available for our Spanish-speaking residents. Go here for a comprehensive document in Spanish about available services and go here for information about where to be tested for COVID-19.

  • Christian Center of Park City. This community resource center offers Counseling and Wellness Services available in Spanish. Existing patients should contact their therapist directly. For new patients and those with questions regarding appointments, please call (435) 649-2260, ext. 1, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or via email [email protected].
  • Jewish Family Service. Mental health counseling with a Spanish-speaking therapist in Park City. Call (435) 731-8455.
  • Latino Behavioral Health in Salt Lake City can provide information on available support for individuals with mental health challenges who are Spanish speaking. They offer free-to-low-cost peer mentors, therapy, educational programming and support groups. Please contact them directly to find out more information. [email protected], (801) 935-4447,
  • National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Wasatch-Summit Counties. NAMI has a Spanish-speaking Certified Peer Support Specialist and a Mentor Support Line in Spanish (435) 631-0173.
  • People’s Health Clinic. If you are a resident of Summit or Wasatch Counties and do not have insurance, they can help with a non-crisis mental health assessment and referral. Full services available for Spanish-speaking individuals. Patients are seen by appointment only; no walk-ins. To make an appointment, call (435) 333-1850.
  • Spanish Speaking Suicide Hotline. If you or someone you know is at risk, call (888) 628-9454.
  • Summit County Health Department. For a comprehensive list of resources and information in Spanish for residents of Summit County please click here.
  • Therapy for Latinx. This online resource connects culturally competent therapists with the Latinx community.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Homeless Assistance Programs

People with mental illness can experience times of homelessness, which places them at greater risk. Here are some resources to consider:

  • Call 211. United Way 211 is the most comprehensive source of social services information in the nation. They can help with everything from local supplementary food and nutrition programs to shelter and housing options.
  • Christian Center of Park City – This community resource center improves the lives of our community through meeting immediate and basic needs that include:
    • Food Pantry. CCOPC provides food in Park City and Heber for those who are homeless. All recipients must pre-register here for a pick-up. Registration options are offered in both English and Spanish.
    • Clothing. Clothing must be coordinated in advance. ***Note: Any requests for clothing are temporarily on hold.***
    • Homeless Resource Center. CCOPC can make a referral to a Homeless Resource Center in Salt Lake County or Utah County. They offer many services and options in one place to help people and families who are homeless. This Basic Needs Application must be completed to access resources.
    • Temporary Shelter. CCOPC can sometimes help families with children find temporary shelter in a motel or hostel but this is not always possible.
  • Holy Cross Ministries -This organization helps individuals move towards independence and participation in the community. Contact: Carlos Flores (435) 333-1857, [email protected].
  • Homeless Shelter Directory. For immediate and emergency housing, the online Homeless Shelter Directory provides information on homeless shelters and other social services throughout the country.
  • National Mental Health Consumers Self-Help Clearinghouse. This nationwide directory locates local consumer-driven services (including housing) and connects people with self-help advocacy resources.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Food and other financial assistance programs available for those impacted by COVID-19

Help is available if you need assistance with food or with your finances during COVID-19.

  • Call 211. United Way 211 is the most comprehensive source of social services information in the nation. They can help with everything from local supplementary food and nutrition programs to shelter and housing options.
  • Christian Center of Park City. This humanitarian resource center provides food for the food-insecure at their Park City and Heber Valley food pantries.
  • Comcast Internet ServiceInternet Essentials bring high-speed, affordable Internet to low-income households for those who qualify. Call (855) 846-837
  • Community Action Services
    • Kamas Food Pantry. Food assistance is available at this pantry at 30 S. Main Street, Kamas.  Call for instructions to pick-up food (801) 373-8200.
    • Coalville Food Pantry. Food assistance is available at this pantry at 17 S. Main Street, Coalville. Call for instructions to pick-up food (435) 336-4277.
  • Department of Workforce Services/Statewide COVID-19. These resources are for those affected by unemployment, refugees, those in need of food, rental, energy, medical, childcare and other types of assistance.
  • Jewish Family Safety Net Service. Jewish Family Service assists families in crisis and can provide food, financial assistance, care management and employment support
  • Holy Cross Ministries. This non-profit responds to the underserved community’s need for health and well-being Contact: (435) 333-1857 or [email protected]
  • Meals on Wheels for Seniors. This program delivers meals to individuals at home who are unable to purchase or prepare their own meals. To find pick-up times for packaged meals, call for the location near you. North Summit (435) 336-2622; South Summit (435) 783-4311; Park City (435) 649-7261. For those who cannot pick them up, call Jessica Wilde two days prior to desired day of delivery at (801) 644-1343 or (435) 336-3014.
  • Medication Assistance. Need help paying for medication? Check out these resources:
  • People’s Health Clinic. This non-profit clinic in Park City provides no-cost quality medical services to uninsured residents of Summit and Wasatch Counties.
  • Rocky Mountain Power Company. To support customers experiencing financial hardship or isolation as a result of the pandemic, Rocky Mountain Power has temporarily suspended disconnections for non-payment. The company will work with customers who are impacted economically by COVID-19 by waiving late fees and providing payment plans as needed. No matter your circumstances, it’s easy to make payment arrangements online. Call their customer care specialists anytime at (888) 221-7070.
  • Salvation Army. This non-profit provides information, resources and assistance for COVID-19. Call (303) 295-3366.
  • Small Business Administration. The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
  • Summit County Health Department. For a comprehensive list of available community resources to help anyone meet basic needs for food, clothing, shelter and/or other types of financial assistance, visit the Summit County Health Department.
  • Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program. The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service assistance program (SNAP) provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families (food stamps) so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency.
  • Temporary Layoffs. The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection provides information on unemployment claims, Short-Term Work Support Program and resources for workers who have been temporarily laid off due to COVID-19.
  • Unemployment Benefits: If you are an employee negatively impacted by COVID-19 because you are sick or otherwise unable to go to work due to the virus, apply for Unemployment Ensure Benfits.
  • Utah Health Policy Project (UHPP). Do you need help navigating government health insurance? UHPP offers free assistance with CHIP, Medicaid and Obamacare for uninsured Summit and Wasatch County residents. Contact them at (801) 433-2299 x 225, [email protected] (Hablan Espanol). To make an appointment, call (435) 333-1850.

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected] 

Other Resources and Support

The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for people and communities. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. It is important to remember that everyone reacts differently to stressful situations.  The emotional impact of an emergency on a person can depend on the person’s characteristics and experiences, the social and economic circumstances of the person and their community, and the availability of local resources.

Don’t miss these helpful resources:

CONNECT Summit County is here to help! Contact our Peer Navigator to learn about supports and services that are available to you in Summit County. Call or text (435) 776-HELP (4357) or email [email protected]