Are you struggling right now? Our Peer Navigator can support you!

The disruption and uncertainty associated with the current COVID-19 situation is unsettling for all. At CONNECT Summit County, we feel deep empathy for everyone who has or will be affected and we are here to help. If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health, be sure to check out Your Guide to Mental Health Support and Resources During COVID-19.

Our Peer Navigation Services helps all individuals and their family members in Summit County find the support, information, services, treatment facilities, providers and/or other resources that best meet their current behavioral health needs, which is particularly challenging while social distancing.  Our Certified Peer Support Specialists have the lived experience of having a behavioral health condition and/or a family member who has the lived experience of supporting an individual with a behavioral health condition.

How does someone access this service?

Summit County individuals and their family members may access CONNECT Summit County’s Peer Navigation Services by calling or texting (435) 776-HELP (4357) or by emailing [email protected]  We will respond to you within two business days. Note: We are NOT a crisis line or counseling service.

Is there a cost for this service?

No. Peer Navigation Services provided by CONNECT Summit County are free regardless of whether or not you have insurance.

What mental health services are available in Summit County right now? 

Mental health services are operating for crisis situations and non-crisis situations, along with phone counseling and support services.

 Crisis Services 

  • For crisis situations where someone is an immediate danger to him/herself or others, please call 911 or go to the Emergency Room at Park City Hospital.

Near-crisis situations or assessment, medication management or counseling appointments

  • Park City Intermountain Psychiatry and Counseling/Round Valley is taking same-day or next-day crisis appointments.  Call (435) 940-5670.
  • UNI Park City Clinic is taking same-day or next-day crisis appointments. Call (435) 658-9998.

Crisis OR Counseling Support Phone Lines available: 

  •      National Suicide Lifeline:  800-273-TALK (8255)
  •      Summit County Crisis Line:  (833) 995-1295
  •      University of Utah Crisis Hotline:  (801) 587-3000
  •      University of Utah Warm Line (non-crisis):  (801) 587-1055

I don’t want to meet with someone face-to-face. Are telehealth services available in Summit County right now?

Phone counseling, online and telehealth platforms are being used by most psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors in  Summit County. Almost none are doing face-to-face appointments except in extreme situations with current patients. Visit the CONNECT Summit County Directory or email us at [email protected] to find a provider that meets your needs; or call and/or text CONNECT at (435) 776-HELP(4357).

Are there any online support groups?

CONNECT Summit County is offering ongoing FREE Virtual Mental Health Support Group to help those struggling with the changes from COVID-19. Topics include “Find Strength in Chaos,” “Coping with Anxiety,” “Adjusting to 24/7 Family Time” and more. See our event calendar for updates. 

The Summit County Health Department and Mental Wellness Alliance are offering Watercooler Conversations, a community space design to allow folks to have virtual face-to-face interactions. Each group is moderated by two licensed clinical social workers. Meetings are Fridays from 3-4 p.m. (everyone) or Tuesdays and Thursdays 2-3 p.m. (moms). Learn more at

What kind of questions can CONNECT Summit County’s Peer Navigator help me answer?

  1. How do I know if I or someone I know needs help? What are the warning signs?
  2. What are my options for therapy/counseling in Summit County?
  3. What can I do to help my daughter seek treatment? She does not think she needs help.
  4. My father refuses to take his medication. What can I do?
  5. I don’t have insurance. How can I get treatment?
  6. I am a mental health professional in Summit County. How do I join your services directory?
  7. How do I find treatment help for my son who has addiction and mental illness?
  8. My health insurance won’t cover the therapy/medications that I need. Now what?
  9. My adult son’s therapist/provider won’t talk to us and we have important information to share. What can we do?
  10. Who should I call when my loved one is out of control? Suicidal?
  11. Who do I call in a non-crisis situation?
  12. My child is struggling in school and I can’t get the school to do an evaluation. What are my options? Or my child doesn’t qualify for an IEP but she/he still needs additional help or services. Now what?

For more information and/or to contact CONNECT Summit County’s Peer Navigation Services, call or text 435.776.HELP (4357) or send an email to [email protected]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

English EN Spanish ES